Sunday, May 13, 2012

JR Newsletter: 13 May 2012 (88)


Tom Little wrote in response to Winston Zack:

Yes, Mr. Zack you are right on that--I gave this caveat with my comments--"There are going to be many coins XF and under that are uncertified".  If I have gotten many Bust coins certified as a small dealer, I can just imagine how many uncertifieds are out there.

Some Bust dimes I have run at auctions that I bought raw and that graded AU55, referenced in this thread on the PCGS forums:  http://forums.collectors.com/messageview.cfm?catid=26&threadid=855345

Hopefully there are experts at statistics as well as long-term coin dealers who could give you information for your research.

Regards, Tom
------

 A Note from the Editor:  If you went to the ANA Spring Show in Denver, we would like to hear from you.  Tell us about any stories, impressions, sales, purchases, trades or other items involving bust coinage!

No comments:

Post a Comment