Sunday, September 16, 2018
Jim Koenings wrote:
Last Call for First Reeded Edge Half Dollar Census
Jim Koenings is reminding all JRCS Members to send him their Census information for Reeded Edge Half Dollars prior to October 1, 2018.
JRCS Members may request a form to fill out by emailing Jim at bustcoin1(at)verizon.net
There are 56 known die varieties, of which 18 are rated R-4 (76 to 200 known) or rarer, including two die varieties that are one known of each. With JRCS Members’ help, we will discover which die varieties are tougher to find than others. Currently, 31 die marriages are tied for 9th and 10th place in the Preliminary Census for Reeded Edge Halves. If you own more than 16 die marriages, your census may make the Top 15.
Please email your census to bustcoin1(at)verizon.netor you can mail a hard copy to:
P.O. Box 2382
Riverside, CA 92516
The results should be posted in the December 2018 JR Journal.
Brad Karoleff wrote:
Here are the first installments of the Logan library.
The first response to me at firstname.lastname@example.org will receive the book at that price plus the cost of either book rate USPS or Priority, your choice.
1. Bust Half Fever First edition with a "Logan" clear plastic cover. On the "Notes" page near the end of the book there are numerous autographs of the JRCS annual meeting at the 1995 Anaheim ANA. Many departed BHNC, JRCS members are present including Elton Dosier, Olie Carter, "Swampy", Dale Heisler, Ivan Leaman, and Ken Lowe from Money Tree. JRCS HOF members signed include Ed Price, W D Perkins, John McCloskey and Brad Karoleff. 32 autographs total including-
James Stephen George Boggs along with a hand drawn illustration of an 1833 bust half, Boggs 1-A!
Original Boggs artwork is scarce and highly desirable. $500.
2. Early US Dimes 1796-1837 by the 5 famous authors. A near mint copy of the dime attribution book from the "back" of Russ' library. $250.
3. The Norweb Collection, An American Legacy by Michael Hodder & Q David Bowers. This copy is autographed by both authors and is numbered as 34/100 so signed. A nice hardbound book in near mint condition. $75.00
4. United States Ten Dollar Gold Eagles, 1795-1804 by Anthony J. Taraszka. This is a beautiful hardbound nearly mint condition book. A limited errata is included inside the back cover. $100.
5. The Ultimate Guide to Attributing Bust Half Dollars by Glenn R. Peterson, MD. This is the spiral bound edition in near mint condition. This will serve as a wonderful working copy for any collector. Errata page is tipped in. $50.
6. Commemorative Coins of the United States, A Complete Encyclopedia by Q David Bowers. The hardbound edition Autographed to Elizabeth Gray by Bowers. A near mint copy. $40.
7. Abe Kosoff: Dean of Numismatics by Q David Bowers. The hardbound edition signed by Bowers to Russ. Near mint condition. $40.
8. American Numismatics before the Civil War, 1760-1860. A hardbound book by Q David Bowers signed on the bookplate stating this is copy #325. Near mint condition $40.
9. The Rare Silver Dollars Dated 1804 and the Exciting Adventures of Edmund Roberts by Q David Bowers. The hardbound limited edition signed by Bowers on the bookplate in near mint condition. A tip in of a Coin World article from Russ. $40.
10. United States Patterns and Related Issues by Andrew Pollock, III. This is the current definitive work on patterns and this hardbound book is in excellent condition. Russ has tipped in a few notes and articles on items he found of interest. $50.
That's all for this week. I will be out of town the end of the month so the next installment will be the second week of October.
Please remember to send some information for publication in the next journal.
If anyone needs eyes on coins from the upcoming Legend auction in Las Vegas, I will be there. Drop me a line.
Please find attached a press release regarding Legend’s 28th Regency Auction, being held on September 26 and 27 in Las Vegas as the official Auction of the PCGS Member’s Show. An impressive sale is anchored by the Konstantine, Sommelier, and Hallett Collections. A list of highlights is presented in the release.
Link to press release: https://gallery.mailchimp.com/74a0e3c37d154d935bdeb2daf/files/5e482d84-143f-4b4f-ba79-464ceb5dc3ad/Pre_RA28_PR.final.pdf
For numismatic information, please contact Greg Cohen, senior numismatist at greg(at)legendauctions.com. For images, please contact Patrick Braswell at Patrick@(at)egendauctions.com
Thank you for your consideration.
Legend Rare Coin Auctions