Sunday, December 13, 2020

JR Newsletter: 13 December 2020 (528)

We have a number of contributions this week.

 

Thomas Sheehan wrote in response to Mike McDaniel: 

 

Here is another one, a 1799 dollar:

 

 


------

Rich Uhrich wrote:

 

Rich Uhrich is happy to announce the discovery of the 4th known 1806 B-8 quarter with the reverse cud.  This discovery was made by a collector who wishes to remain anonymous.  The coin is in an NGC F-12 holder.  It has an obverse scratch from the neck to between stars 12 and 13;  however, this was not enough for NGC to not grade the coin.  I am representing the seller, and am accepting bids for the coin from now until December 21.  If you wish to bid, please send your bid to me at richuhrichcoins(at)comcast.net and I will get back to you after December 21.

 

 




 

------

 

Patrick Bain wrote:

 

Just a reminder to all members of our two Facebook groups.
All members are welcome to join.

JRCS General group
https://www.facebook.com/groups/JohnReichCollectorsSociety/

JRCS - Buy, Sell, Trade

https://www.facebook.com/groups/JRCSBuySellTrade/


Thanks
Pat

------

Jim Matthews wrote:


First off I want to wish everyone one a Merry Christmas or Happy Holidays to one and all. It has been quite a strange year for anyone in numismatics, while the large firms continue working many of us smaller dealers are at our wits end figuring out how to make this business work without coin shows and in person contact. Thankfully this year has gone rather well for me overall, despite the challenges. I do hope we can begin going to more coin shows as 2021 unfolds!

I'll be offering a scarce 1835 Capped Bust Half dime with the counterstamp "J.T." on the obverse from the Steve Crain collection shortly along with three Capped Bust dimes with various counterstamps as well. I've sent along photos of the half dime as a sample. The dimes include the counterstamps "Wm. Hays" on an 1821 dime; "W" and "1856" on the obverse and "W. W." on the reverse on an 1830 dime; and last what appears to be "S CLUTF" on an 1830s dime. 

As we all race about getting ready for the holidays I just want to say how much I miss seeing everyone of my numismatic friends and how great it will be to get back together soon!

Thanks,

Jim Matthews

I can be reached at:
bustdollar(at)yahoo.com 





 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment