Sunday, December 3, 2017

JR Newsletter: 3 December 2017 (372)



Pete Smith wrote:


Amato Book Addenda
John P. Amato wrote Numismatic Background and Census of 1802 Half Dimes. This was published by Heritage earlier this year. Amato identified 32 surviving examples of the 1802 half dime.

I have reviewed the book and written an Addenda that I will give to Heritage for their website. I want to give this to the John Reich Collectors Society for review before it goes to Heritage. This can be found on the Newman Numismatic Portal at https://nnp.wustl.edu/library/book/538765.

I believe that three of Amato’s listings represent duplicated items. I have also identified another seven pieces that may not be included in his listing.

Please help me to avoid publishing something that will make me look foolish. Send your comments to me petesmith1793(at)gmail.com

No comments:

Post a Comment