Sunday, April 12, 2020

JR Newsletter: 12 April 2020 (493)



More on Half Dime Lunch Rooms including Dime Lunch Rooms and Ten Cent Lunchrooms

I thank Pete Smith for his reply last week to my posting on Half Dime Lunch Rooms in JR Newsletter.  I did not see Pete’s information until after the JR Newsletter was published. 

David Finkelstein, JRCS member and researcher had sent the following information to me.  I sent a write-up on this “just as” I received the JR Newsletter last week.  What are the odds, but it happened.  Thus, we missed getting this information in the JR Newsletter last Sunday.


Both David and Pete found and referenced the same book on the Half Dime Lunch Room.  But interestingly, and logically, David found information on “Dime Lunch Rooms” and “10 Cent Lunch Rooms!”  And a few more fun advertisements.

Enjoy and stay safe.

W. David Perkins
Centennial, CO

wdperki(at)attglobal.net

No comments:

Post a Comment