Sunday, September 5, 2021

JR Newsletter: 5 September 2021 (553)

 


Charlie Horning wrote:

I have begun a research project on the 1806 O-111b die state. There has been considerable confusion regarding the definition of the die state as well as the number of unique examples extant.


I would like to narrow the definition of the "b" die state to be the same as the Tompkins DS-7 in his text (2 full cuds).

If our members collect Draped Bust half dollars by die variety or die state, I would like to ask them to check their collections for any 
1806  O-111 examples with 2 full cuds.

Linked below, you will see my research proposal and the request for specific information on the die state.


If my research goes well, I plan to publish it in the JR Journal.

Thanks,

Charlie Horning    buckaroo9(at)ymail.com    
------

Editor's note:  Photo sourced from http://www.maibockaddict.com

No comments:

Post a Comment